Thursday 28 January 2010

Inspiration for sewing

Just when I get back into the swing of regular blogging again, I get struck down by a nasty tummy bug that's doing the rounds, which means that I haven't had a chance to prepare a proper blog post over the past couple of days. Typical!


In the meantime, I thought I'd mention some of the things on my "To Do List" for this year. I'm not sure in which order these will appear, but there's nothing so motivational as a blog to get one going!

My main, and ongoing project for the blog, will be skirt making. I aim to tell you how I make a basic skirt block, and then from there, how I customise the basic block to make different designs. It's an easy peasy skill which might mean that none of us either have to buy a pattern or an actual skirt ever again! I have already drafted up and cut a pattern based on this vintage style vogue pattern:


We'll all be learning together - a variety of styles - as I'm no expert! so I hope you will join me for the ride.


As blogged before, I've been selling a few male corset kits and even a couple of "His n'Her" corset kits from my website, and since i've never actually made a male corset before, that's one of my more pressing 'to do' items. Lucky Mr Marmalade will be my model!


I've been thinking about the idea of making a wedding dress for quite some time now and I think the time has come to just jump in and see what happens. I remember being enchanted when I was a young girl, by the wedding dress worn by Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face. I thought it was the most beautiful wedding dress that ever there was so I am thinking of designs around this but which also incorporate some sort of corset detail.

Talking of which! I've been featured on the Folksy Wedding Blog - much to my surprise, and with something I had, even more surprisingly, never even thought about - that's my corset there on the top row.


STEAMPUNK weddings! Oh my!! Can this poor little brain of mine cope with yet more ideas racing around it like motorbikes on a wall of death?!


No comments:

Post a Comment