Monday 20 February 2012

Learning corsetry - the easy way

Thanks for all your lovely comments on my last post, both here and in my personal mailbox :)  I have had many opportunities over the years, but none of them feel quite as right as this one!

As one of the most constant questions I am asked via Sew Curvy is "when's you're next workshop?" I thought i'd better grab the bull by the horns as it were, and schedule some in without delay, now that I have a dedicated space.  I advertised these on Friday night, and already 6 of 16 places are sold!


The first course is about patterning a traditional Victorian style mid/overbust style corset.  You can read the full details by following the link below.  Basically, we'll cover the measuring, how a corset works, the corset block, creating a pattern and fitting said pattern.

The second course scheduled in May will be how to construct a corset using professional techniques.  Those who have been on the patterning course will already know about fitting and can use their own pattern, but those who have not will still learn a great deal about corsetry and how to make a professional looking shape altering garment.  Full details below.

I will be scheduling other workshops of my own, and the rest of the time I may let the workshop space out as a 'sewing salon' for drop in crafters who need to hire a dedicated sewing/cutting space.  I'll have vintage machines to use, a little shop, tea and coffee on tap, and possibly the odd cake or two.


If you are a tutor of something crafty, and need some space to run your own workshop, then do please get in touch with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment